The Mining, Oil & Gas Conclave ’23 is being organised today (Friday, Aug 18) in Jaipur, by ETGovernment, an initiative of The Economic Times, with the aim of showcasing Rajasthan’s achievements as a catalyst for India’s economic growth and achievement of net-zero goals. The Department of Mines and Petroleum, Government of Rajasthan, is the host partner of this conclave.
The theme of the conclave is “Fuelling the Future: Harnessing the Power of Extraction.” India is among the world’s largest consumers of minerals, oil and gas. By enhancing its capacity to extract important minerals, oil and gas, Rajasthan has become one of the fundamental drivers of the sustained growth of the country’s economy.
Coal is expected to remain India’s biggest resource for electricity generation till 2024. India is the world’s third largest consumer of oil and the fourth largest importer of gas (LNG). By 2030, India’s gas requirements are set to double from today. Due to the growth of the EV industry, there is going to be heavy demand for critical minerals like lithium.
All these facts are a positive indicator for the growth of mining, oil and gas sectors. However, concerns regarding climate change have added a layer of complexity to the landscape of these sectors. The good thing is that Rajasthan is on the forefront of the Renewable energy sector as well. The solar power industry has shown remarkable growth in Rajasthan and it is anticipated to keep growing in the years to come.
It is worth noting that while the share of renewable energy in the overall energy mix will continue to grow, oil and natural gas are expected to remain the most important sources of energy over the foreseeable future. And the mining sector will continue to grow as the overall economy of the country grows. Keeping the economic requirements in the foreseeable future in mind, the Mining, Oil & Gas Conclave 2023 is being organised by ETGovernment in Jaipur.
Drilling and digging are central to any mining and extraction activity. A third factor, “digital,” has now become important. Due to the rise of new digital systems, the entire mining, oil and gas sectors are now on the cusp of significant restructuring. The transformation, in fact, is already underway. The fact that the mining, oil and gas sectors in Rajasthan have continued to achieve production growth while further optimising the operational efficiency through new digital technology deployments makes the feat most rewarding.
The discussion topics in this conclave are:
- Disruptive changes in the oil and gas industry and digital transformation
- Embracing tech-enabled transformation in mining sector
- Interventions to make Gas and LNG a source for a smart energy transition.
- Strategies for a sustainable and decarbonized future through digital and automation.
- Pipeline for transition: Natural gas a necessary solution
- The importance of continued investment in E&P (Exploration & Production)
- Adapting to an uncertain future: reshaping of global partnerships
- Downstream strategies: The road ahead for refining and petrochemicals sectors
- BLEENS: A clean cooking fuel stack solution for the Global South
- Efficiency at the heart of growth: Technology, innovation, digitalisation, and talent
- Make in India: transforming India into a global manufacturing hub
- Renewed demand for coal: energy security imperative or environmental catastrophe?
- Progressive policies: an insight into India’s mining and petroleum regulations
- What is in store for refineries of India?
- Revolutionizing and scaling gas infrastructure
What is in the conclave for you? This conclave brings together stalwart ministers and leading government officials from Rajasthan, the Central Government and other states. Several intellectuals, academics, influencers and personalities from the industry are attending the Conclave which will showcase Rajasthan’s remarkable achievements in deploying emerging digital technologies for optimising the efficiency of its mining, oil and gas projects.
The speakers at the conclave will deliberate on the technologies and systems by which the scope and efficiency of these mining, oil and gas projects can be further improved. The conclave will bring to light the achievements of the government departments, academics and private sector companies that are engaged in growing these sectors. There will be presentations from government leaders, leading global companies, SMEs and startups.